Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week Sixty-Two: 10/28/2015 to 11/2/2015--Forming a New View


Hello Everyone,

Elder Smith here. This week has been pretty rad, not going to lie. It started out pretty normal but then, like, things just started happening and before you knew it, it was awesome! Let's take a look at these things.

First, let's talk about people. Phoebe is progressing slowly but surely. She's been reading in the Book of Mormon and she loved 1 Nephi 11:25 which says: "And it came to pass that I beheld that the rod of iron, which my father had seen, was the word of God, which led to the fountain of living waters, or to the tree of life; which waters are a representation of the love of God; and I also beheld that the tree of life was a representation of the love of God." She came to the scripture study class where we talked about the tree of life and she really liked it so it was cool for her to read in the scriptures what all the symbols meant. It's awesome to see her reading through and really trying to understand what's in there.

Bro. Cai(the guy who had a baptismal date) is also progressing slowly, but surely. We shared the God's plan for us with him yesterday and he really liked it.

Vicky is awesome! She's kind of become a joint investigator with the sisters because her boyfriend attends their ward but she lives in our area. They shared about Joseph Smith and she took it really well:) I don't know if y'all remember Brother Su or not, but we met with him again this week and he brought 2 of his kids! They were sweet and it was awesome getting a vision for how the gospel could help them grow closer and improve both individually and collectively. It's a beautiful thing:)

Brother Lu is getting really close to baptism. I can feel it! His wife is encouraging him a lot. We're meeting with him on Tuesday and I'm really hoping we can help him to make that commitment that will bless the lives of him and his family members. He's awesome. And they will be fantastic!

Now for activities. We did the Plan of Salvation chalk activity at the train station this week! For the 20 minutes before we got told to clean it up, it was super successful! There were tons of people coming up and checking it out and asking us questions. 




Here it is. We didn't finish it before the train station official told us to clean it up:( We'll get a permit for it and come back next week, though). That'll be sweet! 


I also think it would be fun to go busking and play church songs. Like put the case out with fliers inside of it for people to come grab. I was just blown away at how much success came from it and I'm super excited to do some more creative activities like that. Let me know if you have any ideas! What would make you think "yeah, I want to talk to those suspicious white people who wear shirts and ties, ride bikes, and walk up to strangers talking about religion"? Let me know!

Alright, last thing. I set a goal this week to read from Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel this week. For those unfamiliar with PMG, that chapter is all about Christlike attributes. I read about humility and came across this scripture in D&C 67:10. It reads, "And again, verily I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a promise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you strip yourselves from jealousies and fears, and humble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil shall be rent and you shall see me and know that I am not with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual."

That's an awesome promise! As we strive to be humble--to strip ourselves of jealousies and fears--we will be able to know God. The veil will be RENT! Powerful imagery right there. I hope we can all get to that point.

Love,


Elder Smith

P.S. This week's song. It'll blow your mind maybe. Sorry, I kind of goofed at one part. Forgive me! But enjoy! "Come, Follow Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment