Sunday, November 23, 2014

Week Sixty-Four: 11/11/2014 to 11/17/2014--I'm Going to Have a Son! An Heir! A Wee Laddie!

Dear Everyone,

Elder Smith here. The one in the Taiwan Taichung mission. This week was great! Elder Efros and I have been working pretty well together as of late and we saw lots of success this week as a result. 

Brother Lu is working towards his 12/6 baptismal goal. I hope he hits it! That would make his family so happy. We also met with Brother Li(the guy who came up and contacted us in Jiali). He's awesome. He wants to be baptized, but he has to go to military training for 2 months, so we'll have to put that on hold for now. The good news is I'll be here to see him come back:). Phoebe prayed with us for the first time. That was pretty awesome. I love meeting with her because she really thinks about things and makes sure she understands them before we move on. That's such a relief as a teacher because that way you know you aren't just wasting words while your student is falling hopelessly behind. She also came to church yesterday. 

So, the big news. I went to a leadership meeting this last week for people who just recently became a senior companion or will become one within the next few months and we found out there that 21 new missionaries will be coming on island this Friday! We then got a call that Saturday saying that Elder Efros will be moving, but they didn't tell us why or where he was going yet. That was a little weird. We weren't sure why. Then, President Blickenstaff called on Sunday and told me he wants me to train one of those new missionaries. We then knew why Elder Efros was moving. And I also got super excited! I've wanted to train for a long time. I know it's going to be stressful and possibly a little tiring, but from what other people have said, it's also going to be SUPER fun and a chance for me to learn a ton. I'll be picking up my boy on Friday. So yeah, a profile on him will have to wait until next week because I have no idea who he is yet. I don't even know if it's an elder or a sister(psych). But yeah, I'm really stoked for that! Missionary friends, any and all advice would be welcomed with open arms!

Love you all! 

-Elder Smith

also, a picture of a really cool motorcycle/scooter I saw:


No comments:

Post a Comment