Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week Sixty-One: 10/21/2014 to 10/27/2014--Interviews and the Best Church Meeting I've Ever Seen!

Hello everyone,

This week was filled with challenges, but there were a few miracles too. What I've found on the mission is that the number of failures or disappointments needs to be super high before it can bring down the great fuzzy feeling that comes from a miracle. Like 300000000:1 or something. Miracles are awesome!

We met with Brother Lu this week again(I don't know if you remember him) and that was awesome. I'm always stunned--and I don't know why--by what a huge difference it makes when investigators are reading the scriptures and praying often. They just become so much more teachable and closer to God. We shared with him the talk "Windows of Heaven" by Elder Bednar from last October's general conference. It talks about tithing and the subtle, but significant blessings that come from it. It's super awesome. Everyone should check it out. We then invited him to take time every day to write down a subtle, but significant blessing the Lord gave him that day. It was awesome, because his wife(who's a super sold RC) was able to share an awesome example. I have hope for him. I really want to help them be sealed in the temple as a family. They're so awesome! Pray for him:)

We also started meeting with this 17-year-old kid who we'll name Jonny for our purposes here. He's sweet. His parents don't object to us meeting with him, he's super interested, and he plays rugby. So he's pretty great. But seriously, he payed more attention in church than most people up on the stand. I'm excited for him! 

Brother Cai(the guy who set the baptismal goal) kind of blew us off this week, so I'm not sure what's going on, but we'll keep trying and see how we can help him.

Brother Lee(the guy who pulled over to talk to us) is kind of odd. I'm not really sure at this point about whether or not he'll be a solid investigator. He's going to another church and it seems like they may have told him some things about us that weren't entirely true. He was asking us if we still use the Bible and things like that. We'll see.

Interviews were awesome this week. President Blickenstaff can see into my soul, I swear. He knows exactly what I need to hear. It's great! He's a true disciple of Jesus Christ.

So yeah, yesterday's church meetings were awesome. They were all about temple work, eternal families, and family history. Coincidentally, we had talked about those very things with a couple investigators and RCs that week. It was an answer to prayers. I think it was especially good for Brother Lu as he's considering whether or not he wants to establish an eternal family. Pray for him! 

Love you all!

-Elder Smith

P.S. This week's song is "Because I Have Been Given Much" enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment