Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week Sixty-Three: 11/3/2014 to 11/9/2014--Halloween and Missionary Work

Hello everyone! 

This week, none of the people we're meeting with made much progress:(. Everyone was pretty busy or just didn't show up. I'm hoping next week will be better. One person who did make some progress was Brother Lu. On Tuesday, my companion and I had to split up with members so we could visit him and attend a meeting. Elder Efros went to teach him and I stayed to attend the meeting. He did awesome! They taught Brother Lu about baptism which is something he's been concerned about for a while and helped him set a date for when he wants to be baptized. The goal we set was December 6, 2014. Pray for him! I don't know if I've said it before(probably a million times), but their family is super awesome and I really want them to be happy not just for this life, but forever.

We had a super rip-roarin' Halloween party at English class on Wednesday which was fun. I borrowed Elder Efros' jacket and became a swashbuckling missionary pirate. My beard is pretty epic. Check it out:


The lady standing in front is Vicky. We taught her a couple times, then the sister missionaries started teaching her. Elder Page(our district leader) is on the right.I have no idea who the little girl is...

Also, Danny, a good friend of mine here, had a dinner on Saturday night just because. Here he is sitting in his place of honor:


The Chinese I wrote on the board says "the spot reserved for Danny".​ If you can't tell, there's also bugles coming out the side and a halo on top. 

We also played a really intense game of ninja at FHE on Sunday with a lot of people. My legs are so sore. The spiritual share was also really good. I don't know if you all remember Elder Uchtdorf's talk "Lord, Is It I?" If you need a refresher, see here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/lord-is-it-i?lang=eng Elder Galura shared some pretty good thoughts. I think as humans, we always have the tendency to think we're better than other people and not really take criticism no matter how much it may apply to us. The struggle is trying to change that, to actually seek for, and respond well to criticism. That's something I think Elder Washburn(my 2nd companion out in Magong) and I really did well as a companionship. We were really open with each other. When we gave criticism, we could have confidence that our intentions were good and we helped each other a lot. 

Love you guys! This week's song is Amazing Grace because everyone needs more of that:)

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment