Monday, September 2, 2013

Week 2: Getting His Suitcase Back, Admitting Mom Was Right and a Plea for Letters

August 27, 2013

Hey Family,

So I just realized I didn't tell you about the resolution of my luggage issues.  It was the greatest thing!  The next day I went on splits with my district leader because we both needed to run to the Bookstore.  We got our stuff and we stopped by the travel services office because Elder Watson needed to confirm his departure date.  I was sitting against the wall waiting for him to get his info and he just says, "Elder Smith, is that your suitcase?"  And sure enough, IT WAS LITERALLY RIGHT THERE behind the counter.  Anyway, it was fantastic.  I have clothes :) !!  I might need a few more things, though--I'll take stock of what I need and let you know on P-Day.

I just think I might want a sweater or 2 for the MTC when it starts getting into the Fall and also for Taiwan's Winter season.  Sorry, Mom.  I know you told me I would and I didn't listen.  Dui bu qi :(

Love you guys so much!!

Elder Brendan Smith

Also, if I got any FB messages/wall posts or any texts, please send them on :)  I haven't heard from any friends yet and I don't have any one's email except yours and Jonny's.  OH!! I saw James--I said--James Clark today!! (James is Brendan's best friend from Utah).  I was so happy.  I totally thought he was going to the Mexico MTC.  Anyway, that was spectacular.  Bye for real now.  I'll give you more of a spiritual update on Monday.  Love you, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment