Sunday, May 31, 2015

Week Ninety-One: 5/18/2015 to 5/24/2015--Smells Like Seattle

Hello Everyone!

But seriously, with all the rain and rice paddies, it's just had that fresh, green, Seattle smell this whole past week. And I'm still not trunky. Take that, Satan!

This week wasn't quite as fantastic as last week. Two of our investigators accepted goals this past week. One was Brother Liao. He's super interesting. Up until last Saturday, I thought he was too mixed up in his philosophical nonsense thoughts to accept the gospel, but when we met with him that day, I just decided to love him. I decided to not try to debate with him, even if I knew what I said to be true, but rather to just bear testimony. I actually don't know if that was a decision or if it just turned out that way, but I distinctly remember deciding to have a more open mind towards him. And then a miracle happened. He accepted a goal to be baptized on June 6. But then he didn't come to church yesterday:(. I really hope he can make it. He's been investigating for a few months now and comes to church every week(yesterday was the first time I haven't seen him come). 

The other was a new guy the sisters tracted into named Junhao. He's a really cool guy and is the middle school classmate of the member we asked to meet him with us so that was cool! However, our next appointment with him isn't until next Sunday(in two weeks). 

We also got to meet with 2 families this week. They aren't that golden, but they are super nice and I really think they have potential. They have such good family values. I really want to be able to help a family be baptized together before I go home! So pray for the Chen family and the Fang family. They're worth it!!

In general, the area still isn't roaring and people aren't flocking to the baptismal font yet, but we're in the process:). I love you guys! I hope you're all doing well. Talk to you next week.

Elder Smith

P.S. This is one of my favorite videos the church has put out so far. Service truly does heal the soul. Lift: http://bcove.me/2qes5f5b

P.P.S. Here is this week's hymn: Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment