Friday, May 22, 2015

Week Eighty-Seven: 4/20/2015 to 4/26/2015--A Light at the End of the Tunnel (and then a trap door...)

Hello Everyone!

First the light at the end of the tunnel. This week, we finally started to see all our efforts of the past month and a half pay off. Sister Miao accepted a baptismal goal for the 23rd of May. Then, Brother Jian accepted a date for the 6th of June. It also seemed like we started getting closer to the ward. 

Then, the trap-door. This last Saturday, we got the move-call, but right before it came, President called and asked me to serve as a zone leader in an area in North Taichung. I accepted, but that left us wondering what was going to happen to Elder Gathright, since he's already been in Mingjian for 6 months and President told him he was moving during interviews. When the move-call came, it turned out that both of us were moving out and two new Elders were moving in. Elder Gathright is going down to Tainan 4th ward actually! That was super exciting to hear. When I called Elder Anderson (the elder who replaced me there) to arrange some things for Elder Gathright, he also told me that Vicky and Sister Ding both got baptized. That made me SO HAPPY! Here are some pictures:

Sister Wei(Vicky)

Anyway, though there was a trap door, I feel confident that The Lord can do His own work and things will work out in Mingjian despite the circumstances. This work is great! Sometimes it throws you curve balls, but that keeps you on your toes and engaged. I'm excited for my new added responsibility and I'm hoping to be able to be a blessing to those I serve. 

Love you guys! 

-Elder Smith

P.S. This week's song is Where Can I Turn For Peace? I didn't have much time to re-record, so the balance between the guitar and the voice is pretty imbalanced. Hope you can listen past that.

No comments:

Post a Comment