Monday, September 22, 2014

Week Fifty-Two: 9/9/2014 to 9/15/2014--The Triumphant Tripanionship!

Hello Ladies and Gents, Family and Friends!

This week was interesting as I worked with not one but TWO other missionaries. That was definitely very different. Before I say anything, this is my haircut I got last week:


Yeah, it's pretty short. What if I told you he did it all with scissors? Pretty impressive right? Here he is. Brother Zhong(aka Edward Scissorhands):



His conversion story is really cool, and I guess he's actually a really famous hair designer here in Taiwan. 

So yeah, the tripanionship was good. We had a lot of fun and success. Elder Crook is a man among men. Sadly, I don't have a picture of him:( sorry. On Saturday, we got a new guy in the Batcave. That's the name previous elders gave our apartment because it's this little whole in the wall entrance that opens up to stairs and then the upstairs is huge. I'll have to take pictures. Elder Faddis is from Sandy UT(represent) but we have what seems to be no mutual friends. He's a funny guy though. He LOVES to talk. 

This week, Brother Tang didn't make any progress really. He's still not reading much in the Book of Mormon. He chose to "take a break" from church this week. We're still meeting with him on Tuesday, though. We met with a former from 2005. His surname is Su. He's a really cool guy, but he's terrified of his wife(why are there so many people like that?). He wants to bring his kids to our church. He and his daughter came to the family home evening last night. I'm excited to teach them! We also met with this girl named Phoebe from English class. She found out I like this stuff called Aiyu(some sort of vegetarian gelatin they put in drinks) so she brought some that she made herself to the meeting. She's super chill and I think she'll be really receptive to the gospel as we teach her more. We were only able to share a little at our first meeting because of time and because she was asking a lot of questions which were good, but kind of all over the place. 

We met with an RC named Danny as well this week. He's super active, but he's waiting to do his required 1 year military service, and he doesn't really have anything to do in the meantime so it's kind of hard for him. It made me realize how blessed I was to have so much going on the summer before I left on my mission. I don't feel like I wasted any time. Wheedle put out a record, I had a part-time job, I spent a lot of time with my family. It was really fulfilling and I'm just now realizing what a blessing that was. Use every moment everyone! That's what makes good people successful. The only thing different about them is they know how to use time wisely[insert some Freakanomics-esque book citation here]. 

And then, MIRACLES. Do you remember Andrew from Magong who got baptized in Guiren? Well, his little sister got baptized on Saturday and I got to go! Check it out:



​left to right: Sister Blickenstaff, Andrew, Andrew's sister's friend, Andrew's sister, me, Elder Faddis, Elder Crapse, Elder Chen. On the screen is Elder Zhang and Elder Washburn.

As always, a baptism is a blessed and sacred event. I loved it! As my dad said in one of his journal entries, "Baptism are the best part of a mission!"(no changes made. see if you can spot the grammatical error hehe). So yeah, great week! Love you all:) Maybe next week I'll have some more exciting news. 

-Elder Smith  
   
P.S. This week's song is pretty special. It includes a kuzzoo(sp?). Listen to find out where I found a kuzzoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment