Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week Forty-Eight: 8/11/2014 to 8/17/2014--Greetings From West Tainan!

Yep, I moved. I'm now in the Tainan 4th ward which is right next door to Yongkang. Tainan's the BEEST! My last week in Magong was really great. Alian got baptized and confirmed! That was super exciting to see. Other than that, we met with Chelsea(a super awesome recent convert)'s brother and sister. That was awesome! They're all Presbyterian so they understood all the words that most Taiwanese people don't get like priesthood and prophet. I'm guessing that's how it must feel in parts of the world where Christianity is the dominant religion. Chelsea's sister said she could read the Book of Mormon in a week so that's pretty cool. I'll have to ask Elder Washburn how it goes. Also, I just have to take a moment and say how awesome it was being his companion. I think it's been one of my favorite companionships. I'm super looking forward to hanging out with him when we get back to BYU. 

me, Alian, Elder Washburn, Brother Zheng(he's the best)
My new companion is a convert of 2 years and he's super awesome! His name is Elder Zhao(like general zhao's chicken). He's from Michigan and his family is from mainland China. I haven't been able to get to know him much, but he seems like he has really great desire to do good things and he has a lot of great skills. AND he has a Beijing accent that's fantastic on the ears. I hope I can pick it up. He just got finished training so he's been in Taiwan for 3 months or so. So yes, I'm a senior companion and it's really weird. It's like I grew up overnight. All of a sudden, I have all the good ideas and I'm the one who kind of sets the tone for everything. It really is pretty different. Our apartment in ginormous. We share it with 2 other missionaries. I haven't talked to them much yet, but they seem really cool. I'm excited to see lots of success here!

Love you all. I hope your weeks are full of greatness.
 
-Elder Smith

on the train down to Tainan. The welcoming rainstorm. yaaaay..-

No comments:

Post a Comment