Sunday, July 6, 2014

Week Forty-Three: 6/16/2014 to 6/22/2014--My Turn to Be Sick (Yay)

大家好!
This week has been a slow one as well. We didn't have Zone Conference, but I did have to stay indoors for the better part of 3 days. It was super lame. I had a pretty high fever and I just felt dizzy whenever I stood up. Now I'm ok. Just a little cough. We didn't get a ton of stuff done:(

also no song because my voice is terrible right now :( , but here's a picture of me being sick, etc..

Happy first full week of summer!
What did happen, however, was that our good friend Andrew came to church for the first time and he loved it. I don't know if I told you about him, so if this is all repeat, please forgive me, for I know not what I do. I met Andrew my last week with Elder Ward. We were walking over on the only busy street in all of Preston(the name Elder Washburn gave Magong when he came here because it's so small and you see everyone you know on what seems like a daily basis) right after he'd finished running a half-marathon(he's also a badminton coach). We talked with him for a little bit and then Elder Ward shared with him Ether12:27 which he thought was really sweet. When we because friends with him on facebook later, we saw that he'd posted it on his facebook page. Anyway, he came to church and he's kind of quiet so he didn't say much, but he just kind of soaked it all in. After church he stayed for a really long time and chatted with everyone before he left. We woke up this morning to a text from him saying how great he thought church was and how excited he was to continue learning the gospel. The only downside is that he retires from his military service at the end of July, so we won't be able to teach him for very long before he goes back to his home in Tainan. 

We weren't able to really meet with anyone else. This week is going to be great though because President Blickenstaff's coming for Branch Conference and Elder Washburn and I are both not sick. WOOOO! We're going to be unstoppable:) I love you guys!
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment