Friday, July 18, 2014

Week Forty-Five: 6/30/2014 to 7/6/2014--I'm Staying! And, in Other News...

Dear Everyone,
This week has been pretty good. I was super nervous wondering if I was going to move or not, but then I didn't and that does a world of good. I don't have to pack or clean or do any of that stuff. Plus, now I know FOR SURE I'm moving in 6 weeks so I can prepare myself and the area. I'm expecting miracles this transfer:)
Me eating some sort of thing that lives in a shell in the Ocean

We met with Colin this week and that was a really great meeting. We talked with him about life and all that, then we shared with him about revelation and how we come to a knowledge of the truth. He's still feeling...not doubtful, but he's just not feeling super sure about everything, especially baptism. He liked what we shared a lot though. A lot of what we shared came from this video, which is SWEET by the way: http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1737858986001 . I seriously can't use words to express to you all how great this video is or how true the principles Elder Bednar discusses are. He'll(Colin) be gone for a few weeks at training, but we'll be able to catch up with him when he gets back so that'll be good:)
A llama/dear I made with passion fruit jelly in my passion fruit gelatin for your enjoyment.
Andrew went back to Tainan for a week. He went to church there yesterday and sent us a text(as always) telling us how great it was. He's probably THE greatest man I've met here. He just thinks about things and has a desire to find truth. It's more complicated than that, but I don't have enough time to explain it all. So just know that he's a great man.
Lastly, it's getting SO HOT! I know I complained last week, but seriously. It was 91ish degrees F one day, but if you factor in the humidity, that's pretty dang hot. But I'm not complaining;). Love you all! I hope you have a great week.
-Elder Smith

P.S. I never sent this letter last week, but luckily it was saved in my drafts so yaaay:) now you all get 2 in one day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment