Friday, July 18, 2014

Week Forty-Six: 7/7/2014 to 7/13/2014--The Beginning of the End

Family, Friends, Neighbors,

It's been quite a good week! The work is starting to pick up a bit. We found a lady with a husband and 2 kids that we hope we can start teaching.  We also met a kid who's half Vietnamese. His Mom owns a Vietnamese restaurant right by the church(super good by the way; great pho, great banh mih). Anyways, I have hope for a bright transfer! I'm hoping to see a baptism before I leave.

I made some abstract art out of my carton of guava juice.
We had interviews with President this week. I always love those. It's nice out here because he doesn't have a schedule to keep to so they usually end up running pretty long. I got a good solid 20 minutes of talking with one of the wisest people I know. I got a lot of good things to work on and the best thing was that he didn't even tell me anything. We just discussed how I was doing and my feelings about what was happening and I kind of just came to conclusions on my own about the changes I need to make in order to become a better man and a better missionary. It was greatness.

Also I had some delicious banana chocolate "bing" which was basically shaved frozen cream with bananas and chocolate sauce on top. yummm.

In other news, a lot of Mormon message videos have really sweet music like this one: http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1789679612001 Also, I really like the line "Preach the gospel at all times. And, if necessary, use words." Our actions really are way more powerful than any advice we give or anything we could ever say to someone about our beliefs.

Have a great week, everyone!!

-Elder Smith

P.S. I don't remember what song I recorded so...surprise!!

Here is is: "Our Savior's Love."

No comments:

Post a Comment