Sunday, August 2, 2015

Week Ninety-Nine: 7/14/2015 to 7/20/2015--New Companion and the Start of the End

Hello everyone!

This last week was honestly a bit slow as it often is close to the transfer. First for the bad news. Roger had to work SUPER late last Saturday night and wasn't able to make it to church Sunday so he will no longer be getting baptized next Saturday, but he will still be getting baptized soon. He called us today to explain more about it and still seems like he has a strong desire to figure out a way to make it work. His mom is making him work at her factory Friday and Saturday night from 12-6am and church is at 9am, so that's going to be rough for sure. We said we'd meet with him tomorrow to talk about it. Pray for him! 

But good news, Elder Anderson is HOME!! Just kidding that's not good news. But the real good news is I have a native Taiwanese companion. His name is Elder Chen. He's from Taipei and he's already graduated from college. I just met him this afternoon, but he seems really easy-going and willing to work. I've heard lots of good things about him from other missionaries as well, so I'm pretty excited to spend my last 4 weeks with him. 

Also good and bad news. The other set of elders in our district got shut down because of a lack of missionaries so we get to teach their investigators. They are all really cool. One has a baptismal goal for three weeks from now. His name is Doug and he's an aerospace engineer. How cool is that! He loves reading the Book of Mormon and he's been coming to church every week. 

Man, I'll be honest. This last week was really not too hot, but the coming weeks look so exciting, I'm just going to forget about it and march onward, ever onward! I'll let you know how it goes next week. 

Love you all! 

Also, this is me with my son at the train station for the last time before he comes home. He was in my zone, but just got transferred to Gaoxiong(Kaohsiung).

-Elder Smith

P.S. The song this week is Adam Ondi-Ahman. Treading into some deep waters now...but I really do just like this hymn. The melody is really interesting(though difficult to sing at 8 in the morning) and the words too. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment