Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week Seventy-Six: 2/2/2015 to 2/8/2015--Obedience Brings Blessings

Dear Everyone,

This last week wasn't as great as I would have liked it to have been, but there were some major miracles that happened for which I am super grateful. As fare as lamesauce things that happened, people cancelled on us/didn't show up to their appointments way more than normal this week. That was really depressing because a lot of them seemed really solid. I always wonder what the reason for people not showing up is, but most of the time, they don't communicate very clearly/stop answering their phone completely, so I have no idea if it was something we did, or if they heard something bad about us, or what. It kind of stresses me out. But I suppose I can rest assured that if I've done all I can, I can trust the Lord that he will make up for my weaknesses. He is "able to do [his] own work."(2 Nephi 27:20) 

Another let-down is that the new missionaries are still waiting for their visas. Elder Gong(Asia area president) will be meeting with the Taiwanese consulate today to discuss a lasting solution. President said he is still hoping they will come within the next couple weeks, so no moves yet, but whether they come or not, we'll have a move day in two weeks(so on the 23rd in the middle of Chinese New Year). That'll be fun:) So yep, I'm still in Tainan. I love it here! But I'm getting ripe. 

So now for the upside, the miracle! Yesterday, Fourth committed to be baptized on the 28th of February. It was funny. Yesterday when we met with him and shared stuff, he seemed like he was grasping it super quick(which was cool, because we were pretty pressed for time), but we had no complaints. At the end of the lesson, we learned that his member friend had already told him everything we were going to teach him today. It's a nice system. Jemaal(the member) gives him a lesson preview, and then we can just go over it and answer and questions he has. He's looking super solid for being baptized in 3 weeks. It seems like what really did it for him was seeing Dhylyn be baptized and then share her testimony. That really impressed him and he wanted that for himself. 

It's super cool to see what a powerful influence one's testimony can have. I think it's because when people say they know something important is true and that thing really is true, God can then witness to all those who hear that it really is true. It's a weighty feeling calm and clarity. It kind of reminds me of resonance as explained and demonstrated to me in Physics class. It just speaks to your soul and resonates with you. I know God is real. He is as real as me or you. He lives and He loves us. He is the source of all truth and light. If we seek him, he will answer us. I know that. And because He's real, we can "with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast.” (Ether 12:4)

Love you all! Hope you have a wonderful week:)

-Elder Smith

This week's song: #103 "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer."

No comments:

Post a Comment