Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week Seventy-Seven: 2/9/2015 to 2/15/2015--It's Almost the Year of the Sheep!

Hello Friends, Family, and Acquaintances,

I hope you're all doing peachy keen! This week was about the same as last week. Monday-Friday were kind of discouraging, but the weekend made up for it eleven-fold! 

First, the mission news. 12 missionaries have had their visas cleared and will be coming in on February the 25th! There are also 7 more who haven't received their visas yet. We hope they'll be able to come in on the 25th as well, though. So we will have a transfer on March 2, at which time I'll probably be swept off to other Taiwanese realms and start what could be my last adventure in this hemisphere of the globe.

In other news, Fourth is looking good to be baptized on the 28th. We shared the Word of Wisdom with him on Saturday and he said he was willing to keep it. He also finally got a Tagolog Book of Mormon so he's super pumped about that. Keep him in your prayers! 


We also met with a girl named Sister Ding on Sunday. She's the girlfriend of a member who hasn't been in a while, but has recently started coming to church more frequently. She's kind of quiet, but she seems very interested and sincere. She set a goal to be baptized on April 4th. Her boyfriend is also super funny. He came last week for the first time in a couple years. Let me paint this picture for you. Keep in mind, he's like, 17. I was on the church balcony looking down and I see this kid strutting up to the gates of the church. He's wearing pointy shiny black shoes, skinny jeans, a white shirt and tie with a slim-fit navy blazer to top it off. He's super funny. When I called him on Saturday to ask if he was coming to church again, he was--and I quote---"taking a stroll." Maybe that doesn't sound all that exciting, but you'd have to meet him. He's a hoot! Pray for them.

In scripture news, I read a really awesome scripture this morning. It's in 2 Nephi 22:2, but can also be found in Isaiah 12:2. It reads:
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." 


I love that verse! It's so simple, but such a powerful testimony of Christ and His role in our lives. A testimony to which I can say, "Amen" and feel it in my bones. If you want a testimony like Isaiah's then read the scriptures! They testify of Christ, they rejoice in Christ! They can make you whole. That's my share. 

I hope everyone has an awesome week! Love you all:)

-Elder Smith 

Also, a picture of us and a member with his dog and his brother. Sorry for my face...



No comments:

Post a Comment