Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week Seventy-Two: 1/6/2015 to 1/12/2015--A Quick Update

Hello Everyone!

So, I didn't plan what I was going to talk about in my email this morning like I normally do. Forgive me if it's choppy. 

This week, Elder Stevens was kind of sick(can I get an aaaawwww?). But seriously, it was rough for him. We could still go out and do missionary work, but he had to blow his nose all the time, and just felt kind of lousy. I think it's almost gone, though, so that's good. We had some good success this week in helping some recent converts and less active members set goals for when they want to attend to temple. That was cool! It's always sad when members don't want to go, though. I want to go so bad! I haven't been in over a year:(. I'm hoping I can move up farther north so I can attend the temple trips. 

Dhylyn's doing super well still. We taught her and her boyfriend, Baolo, the ten commandments yesterday. They already knew all about those, so it went pretty fast. Although, they stopped and asked a bunch of questions about "Though shalt not kill." which I feel like should be a no-brainer. Like, just don't kill people. It just ethically makes sense. I think Baolo was testing us. He had this kind of smirk on his face the whole time like he was trying to catch us in our words. But we kept our cool, and I think we really gained his respect. That's nice, because Dhylyn told us he said he was born a Catholic and he'd die a Catholic. I hope he can open up a little with us. We also stopped and discussed the law of chastity and they both seemed really serious about keeping it. I'm excited for them! There wasn't much progress made with our other investigators. Keep praying for them, though! Our EQP's brother said he'd come to church this next Sunday and he needs to if he wants to be baptized on the 7th of February. Our lesson was pretty positive yesterday, but his brother was giving him a lot of pressure. I hope he didn't get scared. 

Love you all! Also, get pumped for the song we did this week. It's super awesome. 

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment