Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week Seventy: 12/23/2014 to 12/29/2014--Well, Christmas has come and gone, but the miracles haven't:)

Hello, everyone!

First of all, Merry Christmas. This was a good week. Good week, indeed. Brother Su was baptized on Saturday with minimal support from his family, but they all came on Sunday to see him confirmed. Here he is:



​I had to use that website to make it landscape and it got super fancy. Sorry...Anyway, we'll be looking for opportunities to visit the rest of his family this week. His wife, who we thought was super grumpy about the church for the longest time, is actually really nice. All the members were really good about welcoming them. Dhylyn and her boyfriend Baolo accepted a baptismal goal for January 31. Dhylyn's thrilled. Baolo is a little more doubtful, but Dhylyn will be a huge help to him. Maybe a little too much help. She was getting pretty preachy yesterday haha. Either way, I'm grateful to be able to teach both of them.

Junwei hurt his foot this last week, so he wasn't able to come to church. Please pray for him and for us! This could be pretty hard on his progression in the gospel as he can't really ride his bike anymore and his parents don't really want us coming over to his house. 

Other than that, this week we skyped our families(awesome!), we had dinner with an American/Taiwanese family and had one of the most awkward dinner conversations ever, we exchanged with the Zone Leaders and had a good time, I got my package from my family! I got a tie-hanger which sounds really simple and it totally is! My life has been simplifiedx999. I love being organized. I also got some goodies from Trader Joe's(I miss that store SO MUCH) and some other stuff that I'll need. I also got some fake glasses to keep the construction dust from getting into my eyes. They also make me look much smarter and hopefully less intimidating so I'll have more success contacting on the roads. 

Love you all! Have a fantastic week and a Happy New Year!

-Elder Smith  

P.S. Also, here's the Song: How Great Thou Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment