Sunday, October 12, 2014

Week Fifty-Eight: 9/30/2014 to 10/6/2014


Hello Everyone,

So yeah, it's week 58ish. That's pretty wild. I'm almost at my year on island. This first week with Elder Efros hasn't been full of success. Brother Tang said he didn't want to meet with us anymore first thing Monday night, so that wasn't fun. I'd rather not talk about it too much. I just really hope that he'll act on his feelings in the future. We also had a lot of people set up appointments, confirm, and then have things come up last-minute so that they weren't able to meet with us. I mean, they didn't flat out stand us up and we'll be able to set up another time in the future, but that was still pretty sad. So, instead of teaching lessons, we biked a lot, contacted a lot of people, tried to visit a lot of Less-active members, and made lots of calls. In all honesty, it would seem that it wasn't a super productive week. However, I was able to get to know Elder Efros better, which is good.

Blurry picture Brendan took of a special ring I gave him before he left. I bought it when I was 18 at Seattle's Folklife festival and it's been special to me. I gave it to him with a sappy letter before he left. When he Skyped with us for Mother's Day, he showed me that he was wearing it and that it helps to remind him of his family when he's feeling discouraged. Love this kid.

The two investigators we were able to meet with were Phoebe and Brother Lu. Both of their lessons went well and they are making progress slowly but surely. Phoebe came to her first church activity last night. She didn't talk much, but she still came and brought a friend so that's good! Pray for them. 

The weather is getting nicer. It's nice an cool in the evening now. The day is still pretty hot, but it's not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. We also got an entirely different district this transfer. Every companionship had a change. I'll send a picture another week and talk about them maybe. They're all pretty fun...maybe too fun...but anyways, talk to you all next week! I'm running low on time. 

Love you all!

-Elder Smith

P.S. The song. enjoy. I put in a blank verse so you could all sing along;) "O My Father."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment