Monday, April 21, 2014

Week Thirthy-Four: 4/14/2014 to 4/20/2014--So Many People Want To Hear The Gospel All of a Sudden!

Also, FOOOOOOOD! This is some curry I made with cabbage, carrots and chicken. And curry powder. Yum:)

Hello Family and Friends!

So as the title states, we met many interested new people this week and saw lots of miracles:) We had 2 people from English class come up to us afterwards and ask to set up a time to meet and talk about Christ (that never happens, by the way). We also met with a guy named Colin. He lived in California for a year so his English is fantastic and he likes country music a lot so Elder Ward is pumped(he's from Tennessee). He's got really pure desires to come and follow Christ. He also thought church was pretty good. He'd been to other Christian churches in America before so we talked with him afterwards about how our church services aren't as "fun" as the ones he might have attended before and he said "Yeah, those services were a really great time, but I don't know. This service was more quiet and I'm kind of a shy person so I don't know, I like quiet."  As for other investigators, Killy came to church and English class, but we didn't get to share much with him. We'll be meeting with him tonight. Rod is still awesome! His family hasn't budged much, but we've got him started reading For Strength of Youth(a book of standards our church has made for teenagers) so hopefully that'll help his parents see changes strong enough to let him be baptized. 

As for me, I'm doing well. I got some feedback that last week's letter made it seem like me and my companion may not be getting along real well, but I just want to clear up any misconceptions and say Elder Ward is great! He's got a giant testimony. He grew up in the south and has had his faith questioned and ridiculed his whole life, so he's got a pretty firm and immovable testimony. He's really good at using Chinese idioms. That comes in handy and impresses all our investigators. Super good. He's also super funny and gets along really well with people. He has a really big love for the people here. We get along really well. In fact, we sang a song today. Check it out...

And for random news, we found a really giant spider in our apartment the other day so that was pretty nuts, I'm becoming a great cook(kind of), and it's been getting hotter. I've heard Summer here is ridiculous so I'm doing the best I can to tell myself the weather right now is really chilly so when it gets scorching, I'll be adjusted:) Maybe it's a false hope, but we'll see. Love you all as always! If you have any specific questions, let me know.
   
-Elder Brendan Smith

P.S. If you haven't seen this video, change that right now! It's E P I C!

P.P.S.  Here's us harmonizing. Get ready for some Tennessee twang, y'all:)  "Nearer, My God, To Thee" by Elder Ward and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment