Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 7 Family Letter: Dear Mom

Note from Erin: These kinds of letters are how you get your mom to send you more packages....

October 4, 2013

Dear Mom,

Thanks so much for the package!!  It was hilarious.  I got the slip in our district's inbox and gave it to the guy and he comes out with this HUGE box!  Everyone was like, "Woah! What IS that?"  I had to explain to them that it was a suitcase, even though I also knew that the suitcase was feeeled weeeth gooooodeeees :).  I love the sweater and I felt like it was Christmas with the ties!  I thought I was getting like 2 or 3 tops and then I got 8!  I was in heaven!  Plus, I like that you got most of them at a thrift store.  It brought be back to my roots, ya know?

Also, I super appreciated the mug and the sea salt chocolate almonds (oh my goodness!  Heaven!) and the tea and hot chocolate.  And the luggage ID tags were a nice touch. ;)  Same with the travel sleeping stuff.  That'll be super useful on my flight over there.

So yeah, that's just about the best non-spiritual thing that's happened to me since I got here!  Thank you so much!  I'll send my other suitcases back soon.  Today, if at all possible.

Thanks for having all the kiddos write letter/draw pictures.  It made me smile.

Yeah, pretending my teachers are investigators is a little strange, I'll admit, but it's amazing how much I'm able to glean from it despite it all.  It helps a lot that my teachers take it really seriously and don't break character.  There are some times where the teachers forget what we've taught them/haven't taught them so that makes it a little less real, but for the most part, it's really helpful.

Thanks for the stuff about Mindset that you shared!  And I liked how you said that humility has the two sides: knowing that we are nothing AND knowing that we are also the reason God does everything he does.  That was a really comforting point and one that I plan on remembering. :)  I love you, Mom.  And how smart you are.  You always bring up really good points that resonate with me.  That's probably because you raised me, but it's also because your points are just downright good!

Love,

Brendan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment