Sunday, July 12, 2015

Week Ninety-Six: 6/23/2015 to 6/29/2015--All in all, an excellent week!

Hello everyone,

So today we went to an amusement park in the morning so that's why I'm emailing so late today. So just to warn you, I'm using a members iPhone and I don't really trust the autocorrect so there may be some spelling errors. Highlights from this last week include going to the temple, mission leadership council, Roger accepting another baptismal goal AND coming to church, meeting a ward missionary's brother who just got out of jail and is super excited about repenting, and all the little miracles in between. Being a missionary is an amazing thing. Though I can't use words and especially not typed out messages on a computer screen to express the depth of it, I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His atonement. We need Him. Coming on a mission has made me realize that being a "Christian" doesn't just mean you go to church on Sunday and celebrate Christmas. It also includes being rooted in and changed by Christ. It means having a personal testimony that He lives and it means following in His footsteps. It's tough but worth it. Love you guys! I know this letter's shorter, but I hope that rather than just see what I did this last week, you can see what I learned and how I changed. That's what a missions all about right? 

-Elder Smith

P.s. Songs are coming soon:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment