Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week Eighty-Four: 3/30/2015 to 4/5/2015--Service



Hello Everyone!
This week, we were able to do a lot of service. We helped one of our members water his plants,​ 

we worked on the farm of one of our investigators feeding chickens and bending wire,

we cleaned the chapel a bit, and of course, we shared the gospel. These pictures make us look super lazy, but when we were working hard, we didn't have time to take pictures...yeah...that's it;)

Serving just makes you feel good. And what better way to spend this Easter week than testifying of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He lives. I know He lives and because He lives, we can all have new life. No matter who you are or who you were, all you have to do is humble yourself and sincerely ask and He'll be there. I don't know if you guys saw the video our church put out. It's called "He Lives". You can watch it here:
http://www.mormon.org/easter


We've had the chance to share it with a lot of our members and investigators and I think it's really helped them gain a greater appreciation for Christ and all He has done for us. I hope it will also help you all consider your own faith in Christ and what His death and resurrection mean in your life. 


This week, we kept on truckin' and hopefully all the good stuff we're doing will build up to some sort of grand finale pretty soon haha. Luckily, there's a loving Father in Heaven who is aware of me and has a plan. I was reading through my journal from a year ago this last week, which by the way is something I'd invite all you journal-writers to do. You might find some pearls of wisdom in there that you didn't know you had in you. Anyway, a year ago, I wrote "I don't know how to help these people but God does and I know He has a plan." All I can do is keep relying on Him and trusting that His ways are higher than my ways.


I think the greatest thing I felt this week was the Spirit guiding us in some intimidating situations. One was when we went to visit one of our investigators and were surprised to find two Taiwanese Jehovah's Witness missionaries were also there. For one split second, I thought it was going to be really awkward because they were looking at us super suspiciously, but then we went over, shook their hands and introduced ourselves with smiles on our faces and I really think that broke the ice and gave us more confidence. They kind of drilled us with questions the whole time until they left and even though we felt a little like Amulek being questioned by Zeezrom, we felt calm and we just answered their questions openly and honestly. Even though there were a couple instances where they had kind of a look of triumph on their faces when they could tell their Bible knowledge exceeded ours, but I think they were really impressed that 2 young men could be so firm in their convictions. The Holy Ghost definitely had our back with that one! 


Then last night as we taught a family the Restoration, they also asked us a lot of questions and the same thing happened where as we answered them, we could really feel the Spirit guiding us and helping us know what to say. I know that Spiritual gifts are real and if we qualify ourselves for them, they will be ours for the blessing of others. I love being missionary. I love this time I have where I can be so close to God and I can experience the blessings the come from living and sharing the gospel in such a deep and fulfilling way.   


Love you guys!!
-Elder Smith
P.S. Sorry, no song this week:( I'll make a super awesome song next week, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment